TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The International Short Film Festival “Tandil Cortos” is organized by The Tandil Cinema Association, a non-profit organization. The 15th edition will be held in “Teatro del Fuerte” (Tandil, Argentina) from August 30 to September 2, 2018.
Submission (for the consideration of the Festival's Programming Committee):
12th april – 17th july 2018 through the webpage www.tandilcortos.com
(It implies the acceptance of the present terms)
Short Film Submission and Competition Terms and conditions 2018
· The Festival is open to all short film directors and producers, regardless of their country of origin.
· Applicants may submit more than one application by section. However an application is required for each submission.
· The inclusion of short films is restricted to films produced after January 2016.
· Films must be no longer than 30 minutes (including titles and credits).
· Films can compete in the following categories: Ficción (Fiction), Documental (Documentary), Animación (Animation), Videoclip (Videoclip), Video-minuto (One-Minute Video), Corto extranjero (Foreign Film) y Corto local (Tandil Short Film).
· The films can be in colour or black & white.
· The films can be with sound or not.
· The films should be entered online through:
- The official entry form available in www.tandilcortos.com
- uploading a copy of the short film to Vimeo or YouTube in high quality (Applicants must add the password protected streaming link to the online entry form. The Vimeo or You Tube link should be downloadable and the password should be valid until September 2018).
· The submission for selection purposes is between 12th april and 17 th july 2018.
· All short films presented will be selected by Tandil Cortos 2018´s Programming Committee to enter to a competition.
· Selected films will be screened and watched by the official Jury at the “Teatro del Fuerte” in Tandil, August 30 to September 2, 2018 as part of the 15th International Short Film Festival “Tandil Cortos 2018”.
· Festival's Programming Committee could select short films for additional Non-Competition Categories.
· The jury will be made up of cinema, artistic and cultural prestigious professionals chosen by the Festival management.
· The jury’s decisions may not be appealed
· During the closing ceremony of the festival, the jury will assign the following prizes for each section/category:
* Ojo De Piedra De Oro - Best Short Film
* Ojo De Piedra - Best Animated Short Film
* Ojo De Piedra - Best Documentary Short Film
* Ojo De Piedra - Best Fictional Short Film
* Ojo De Piedra - Best Videoclip
* Ojo De Piedra - Best One-minute Film
* Ojo De Piedra - Best Tandil Short Film
* Ojo De Piedra – Best Foreign Short Film
* Ojo De Piedra – Best Director Short Film
* Ojo De Piedra –Audience Award for Best Short film
* Ojo De Piedra –Special Jury Recognition
* Ojo De Piedra – Best Performance
*The jury can add more special recognitions or categories
· The final content of Ojo De Piedra De Oro - Best Short Film Prize will be fully announced in the Closing Ceremony.
· The final content of each prize and additional special mentions will be fully announced and advertised in the festival’s Programme or during the Closing Ceremony.
· All submitted short films copies are automatically entered in the Tandil Cinema Association Video Library
· The Tandil Cinema Association reserves the right to digitize all selected works for screening purposes during the Festival.
· By submitting a film, applicants are agreeing to the Tandil Cinema Association using part of the selected work in all media worldwide and in perpetuity for promotional purposes without additional compensation.
· The film, including copyrights, remains the property of the author.
· Prizes, awards, mentions and recognitions will be announced during the Closing Ceremony of the 15th International Short Film Festival “Tandil Cortos” that will be held in “Teatro del Fuerte” (Tandil, Argentina) on 30th September, 2018.
· Entrants are invited to agree that the concerned professionals will receive the award in person, if the film/he/she wins any. For any reason the awardees is not able to personally attend, he or she should immediately in writing, nominate an immediate family member or from the film its producer or director.
· Argentinian citizens or permanent resident filmmakers must not pay submission fee.
· Foreign filmmakers must pay a submission fee between 6 to 10 USD per film, depending on the registration deadlines.
· Any matter arising during the Festival that is not covered by these Rules & Regulations, will be decided on by the Festival organization declining any further legal claim.
· Participation in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
The Organization reserves the right to make any changes to the rules and regulations and how to deal with any controversial matters.
For any general queries about submissions, please contact:
Tandil Cinema Association